The Berger Wound Healing Center in Berger Hospital is an innovative treatment center that’s proven to heal even the most stubborn wounds. Combining the latest treatments with advanced technology, our wound care specialists don’t cover wounds—they uncover issues and help wounds to heal. And since most treatments are covered by Medicare/Medicaid, HMS and other private insurance plans, you’re ensured the specialized help you need.
Treatment begins with an initial evaluation, which might include:
- A full assessment of your medical history and current health.
- A nutrition evaluation.
- On-site lab and diagnostic testing.
We use the results of these tests and evaluations to pull together a personalized wound care treatment plan for you. And we have many different treatment options to choose from, including:
- Wound debridement. In these procedures, we remove dead or damaged tissue so healthy tissues have a chance to take hold and grow.
- Bandage changes. Keeping a chronic wound clean and dry is crucial. We offer specially selected dressings and wraps to help you protect your wound, and we can change the dressings for you.
- Bioengineered tissue substitutes. When your body isn't able to produce the tissues needed to heal your wound, these substitutes can help to fill the gap.
- Hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) therapy. Our HBO machine offers you 100 percent pure oxygen while you lie in a pressurized chamber. Hyperbaric oxygen treatment helps your blood carry more oxygen to your tissues to promote wound healing. It can also help your blood cells fight infection.
- Negative pressure wound therapy. This form of therapy uses a vacuum source. The suction can remove fluid and infected materials, which can help your wound prepare to close.
- Platelet growth technologies. These treatments can help to boost your body's ability to close wounds.
Our team will monitor your progress to ensure that your wound is healing as expected. We can also coach you and educate you, so you'll understand how to change your bandages and take care of your wound at home, or we will ensure your skilled nurses are given the orders that are best suited to help heal your wounds.
We do not require a physician referral to be seen, so give us a call today to begin your healing journey!